Propecia-discount.com Review:Propecia Discount - Online Propecia Pharmacy - Propecia-discount.com - Home - Order Propecia Online! Buy name brand Propecia, Proscar and Avodart as well as quality generic online with no prescription required. All products are shipped quickly and discreetly direct from our network pharmacies or fulfillment offices.
Country: North America, CA, Canada
City: H3B Montreal, Quebec
- John Williamson - Seagate Backup Plus 3TB: All that it's claimed to be, and more"Make the computer work for you; don't work for the computer."
That was the advice that I had received years ago from a computer software consultant when I was first setting up a backup tape drive (remember those?) on some work computers using a series of scripts to do the job. Those routines made it far easier for one new to the IT field, and that advice received stands true today.
This Seagate Backup Plus 3TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive is different from the smaller portable USB drives in use by many of us. It's not only a large capacity 3TB drive that's capable of backing up a lifetime's worth of memories, it has a separate AC power supply, and at about 1¾ pounds, it's no portable lightweight. This one is best used for home or SOHO (Small Office, Home Office) installations. It's good out of the box for both Windows PC and Mac OS X (10.6 or higher) installations.
Unpacked the drive right after it arrived and found it to be well-packed in a straightforward recyclable package. All that is needed for plug-and-play installation was here, including the power supply, a USB 3.0 cable (backward compatible to USB 2.0), a simple quick start guide, and the hard drive itself. The drive measures about 1¾" wide, 4½" deep and 6¼" tall, and is obviously designed to be used in a vertical position from the way that the vents are designed. The drive is interestingly modular in that there are optional Thunderbolt or Firewire 800 add-on adapters available for those who need them.
Hooking up the Backup Plus drive was simple. It was instantly recognized by my Windows 7 PC, so I connected it to my Plugable 7 Port USB 3.0 Hub which is connected to the same PC, and again it was instantly recognized. It was time to make a decision: should I re-format the drive and use the Windows Backup routines as I've done in the past, or should I let it install the Seagate Dashboard software? I have an extreme dislike for bloatware, that software with large and often-unused additional 'features' that we find with so many computers and peripherals.
Though I've run the Seagate Dashboard software before, and had removed it as being klunky and inadequate, pure curiosity made me wonder if it had been improved in any way, so I installed it and let it run. It turned out to be worth that second look, but if you choose this route, be sure to open Dashboard, go right to Settings, then check on the Update tab. As of this review mine is running version 2.2.26, and despite its deceptively simple interface it does a very good job.
After setting up my initial backup routines, decided to explore a bit and since the Dashboard app claimed to be able to save files on social networks, decided to give it a try. Was pleased to find that it was quite capable saving all of my images, videos and files on Facebook, even those in private directories. Saving the images and videos from Flickr and YouTube was fast and easy. Have not tried sharing files back to these social networks as that's a process that I would prefer to do manually.
The important thing to remember is that even if one chooses to use other backup software solutions, this Backup Plus external hard drive is excellent and proven piece of computer hardware. If you choose to not use the Dashboard software, then you can just remove it and/or re-format the drive. If you're running Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, you may want to re-format the drive and use the Time Machine backup utility that's already built into OS X.
This new drive is a far cry from my old Seagate FreeAgent Desktop 250 GB 3.5" USB 2.0 External Hard Drive, purchased here in 2007. That was used as a backup device for a pair of 80GB hard drives in an old computer running Windows XP. Funny thing is that while one of the old hard drives failed, the FreeAgent drive didn't, and is still functioning to this day, though it's slow compared to the newer offerings. Maybe it's because of long-term reliability that keeps me coming back to Seagate.
The Seagate Backup Plus 3TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive is spacious, quiet, easy to set up the way you want, runs relatively cool, and is backed up with a 2-year limited warranty. For many it will be an easy plug-and-play installation, and for those who wish to use their own settings or backup software, it's easy to configure. This one is highly recommended as it is all that it's claimed to be, and more.
- Aaron Brown - Good history, excellent analysisBalko provides a thorough overview of the history of militarization in America's police forces and a compelling analysis of the root cause for many of the worst abuses of the drug war. Highly recommended.
- KyletheGamer - Diablo 3 is AwesomeWell, i just hit level 60. Just like WOW, the game really doesn't get fun until you reach the top level. Some of these reviews do the game a grave injustice. Sure, the game is a different style than what people probably were expecting but, like any game I have played, it takes me some time to learn to love it. The only thing i would change or make availble is the talent tree. I would let the player input his own talent distribution as I believe that can make every character more unique. For example, I wish you could put 5 points in strength or decide to put 5 points in vitality... Blizz did a good job by randomizing the gear. One commentator said that the whole game is based upon gear. Indeed it is and always has been. Just like WOW and any MMORPG, the finding and selling of gear is what players love to do. The gear makes the game fun and keeps players playing for better items and achievements. If you like WOW or you like playing games where you need to acquire awesome sets of gear and destroy things, you will love this game. Thanks blizz and I am definately looking forward to the expansions!!!!
- Colorado Hermit "ColoradoHermit" - Up to the usual Norton ParI've been running the Norton 360 for a while now and I'm very pleased with it so far. Did the usual install with no problem. Ran the full scans and it found I think 8 different viruses and Trojans that the McAfee I had been running had missed. Along with several other problems that the McAfee had totally missed but should have caught including several email viruses that were in the junk mail folder of my Windows Live Mail even though I never open any much less save any of the junk mail.
After doing the initial scans I ran the Tune up and since then all I've had to do is leave it alone and let it do its thing. No muss no fuss no problems. Soooo much better than all the problem I had been having to deal with when running that McAfee!
Every now and then I'll get a little window warning that it had caught somebody trying to get in my computer, or its found something in the mail that it took care of, little things like that. Again, no messing around trying to figure out what to do with or about what. Just let it do its thing and it lets me know now and then that its keeping my computer safe.
- Ray LeCara Jr. - Lives up to its reputation!I was hesitant to write a review too soon for this vacuum in case it didn't live up to its claims and reputation, much like my former unit made by a competitor. So far, this hasn't been the case for the Shark Navigator Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner. It continues to provide suction at the same level as when I purchased it over the summer. It is easier to maintain thanks to the dust cup; the hose extends farther than most other vacuum cleaners and the Shark Navigator also comes with a rather long power cord. This allows me to get through a couple of rooms while plugged into only one outlet. It's lightweight, so you can easily take it up and down the stairs, and the pet hair power brush has been extremely effective when cleaning up after my two dogs. I like the vacuum cleaner and I am happy with it. I just hope it continues to perform in the same capacity for a long time to come.