Nps.org.au Review:NPS MedicineWise free medical information. Independent. Not-for-profit. Evidence based. | NPS MedicineWise - Independent, not-for-profit and evidence based, NPS enables better decisions about medicines and medical tests.
Country: Oceania, AU, Australia
- Maxwellsdaughter - Good GuidelinesCan I say I <3 this book? I really do. If you are on the path to living a healthier life for you and your family alot of great ideas, and information that could be helpful to you. I've been using it as a good reference book and made the decision to purchase more wholesome products for me and my family. It may cost a bit more but in the long run it will be better for our health.
- Rachel Clark - AMAZING!!!I have been using Dan's Regimen for a week now...already with incredible, natural results!!! I am completely blown away! His approach of "less-irritation=less-acne" couldn't be more spot-on. His products are mild, soothing, and clean. They do not cause any future acne: this is a problem caused by most OTC "acne" products. Dan's Regimen has allowed my skin to naturally clear up and function correctly on its own. In just one week, I can tell my skin is on the right path now. It feels refreshed, not irritated (even with his mild benzyl peroxide treatment) and all previous acne is healing up and the correlating red marks have almost entirely faded---IN ONE WEEK.
As a hail-mary I bought The Regimen. I have been battling regular acne combined with cystic acne for years...I was 16 when it started and I am now 23. I have gone to dermatologists and tried Minocycline, Spironolactone and Hormones (birth control)--all with SOME results, however the side effects created with these methods were not ideal and ultimately decided to stop screwing with my body, the way any oral medication will--These medications don't JUST attack bacteria on skin, the entire body will have some response because the medication has to pass through your entire digestive system and blood stream before it even reaches your skin....scary! I have also tried every drug store regimen. Salicylic acid drys and causes my skin to flake with ultimately no noticeable clearing. Messing around with the strengths of benzyl peroxide was not fun either: anything higher than 2.5% would dry and irritate my skin and those effects would last for weeks. Not to mention, a small 1oz tube of benzyl peroxide bought from the drug store is at an equivalent price to the 8oz tube in this package. Exfoliants left my skin feeling fresh and smooth initially, but by the end of the day, I could tell another breakout was coming. Any OTC moisturizer would either not do the job, or leave my skin oily and cause even more breakouts. Terrible rollercoaster.
At first I was skeptical of Dan's instructions to use 2 pumps of moisturizer, not rub it in, and allow your skin to naturally absorb. It felt like I had a mask on my face, but sure enough, my skin soaked it in thoroughly! This moisturizer feels like it soothes and heals my skin...without being too dense and messy! I feel my skin is finally properly hydrated, without the worry of breakouts that usually correlate with "hydration". Even with makeup, it creates a great base!!!
I understand that in one week it could be hard to tell the lasting effects of these products. That being said, I plan on reviewing again in a couple of months to keep everyone posted.
But this initial relief and excitement could not go unshared!!! I recommend this product entirely. And thus far, it has been a saving grace in a long-fought battle!
- MLR "MrsRoto1021" - 3 year old loves itI haven't personally used this product but my three-year-old son loves it! The pre-programmed activities are very interactive and the game we purchased has kept him busy for months now! I do wish it could be charged. The adapter that comes with it is for wall-plug use, not for charging, and since we primarily use this as a potty-training reward, keeping it plugged in is a safety hazard. With reasonable use, though, we aren't changing batteries TOO often, maybe every couple of weeks. But for the price, it was definitely a good purchase!
- egon_beeblebrox - The one everyone and their dog has heardI don't think I can say anything about this album that hasn't been said a good hundred times. It's great, one of their best, and number four in their phase of five perfect albums in a row.Though it does have a weak point or two. "What Shall We Do Now?" from the film and "The Wall Live" should have not been cut from the album. Also, I really hate "Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2." It should NOT have been their only number one hit.Why do people diss on "Vera" and "Bring the Boys Back Home" so much? I think their terrific. The playing on "Vera" is enough to get you to forgive the track for Roger's poor singing on the track.I think my favorite piece on the album is one never played on the radio: "Waiting for the Worms" has such great atmosphere to it, how could one not love it? It's a really terrifying song when you think about it.Get this album. Unless you hate hearing about rock star's petty problems, you'll love it.
- Poolboy "Poolboy" - Bedroom TV sounds so much better!We looked at a lot of different sound bars and finally decided on giving the Solo a whirl as we have never been disappointed with any of our other Bose pieces. The system is bigger than I thought it would be but I should have just measured it - it is closer to the size of an older VCR than a current blu-ray player. I had a little difficulty setting it (maybe 15 minutes playing with settings) up with the TV settings, although hooking up the cords was quite easy. I was able to figure out how to get my cable box universal controller to control it (thanks, Google!) so I don't have to worry about the remote. I have found that the voices are much clearer coming from the system than the TV only speakers (we have a Sony LCD). The only way I can describe it well is that the sound has much more "depth" to it. It's great not to have to place another subwoofer and our bedroom fits the Solo well. We have certainly recommended it to others - it's a bit pricey but less than other soundbars we had looked at and sounds just as good if not better.